Home > Treatments > Skin > Microdermabrasion
What is skin polishing?
Skin buffing or skin polishing generally refers to any form of exfoliation which removes the uppermost layer of skin, but can specifically refer to “microdermabrasion“. This process includes using the crystal on your skin to gently exfoliate the uppermost dead layer of the skin, promote cell and collagen production, and also increase the blood circulation making your skin look younger, smoother, and fresher. Stimulation of skin cells and collagen minimizes the appearance of skin pores as well. It is a medical process intended to diminish ageing and blemishes on the skin. Many celebrities swear by skin polishing for natural glow.
Benefits of skin polishing
- Provides even skin tone: Diminishes dark patches and other irregularities in the texture of the skin
- Removes dead skin cells: Removes dead skin cells from the surface and boosts new skin cell growth.
- Provides deep exfoliation: Exfoliates skin from deep within and also helps to remove build-up and to promote blood circulation in the face.
- Helps in lighting acne scars or burns
- Exfoliates and extracts clogged pores
- Minimizes large pores
Possible side effects of this treatment include slight redness, itchiness which are temporary.
Is it safe?
Skin polishing is a process suitable for all skin types. If you have sensitive skin, make sure you follow the post-treatment directions properly in order to avoid any unwanted irritations. It is recommended to get the treatment done by an experienced professional. Besides this, always seek advice from your trusted dermatologist